Forum Audiophonics.fr

Forum du site de vente en ligne Audiophonics.fr : Pour les amateurs de Home Audio, de Connectique et de DIY
Nous sommes actuellement le Jeu 23 Nov 2017 15:50

Le fuseau horaire est UTC+1 heure

Publier un nouveau sujet Répondre au sujet  [ 187 message(s) ]  Aller vers la page Précédent  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Suivant
Auteur Message
Message Publié : Lun 10 Oct 2016 19:29 
Hors-ligne

Message(s) : 9
Dear Drhone,

I have a similar problem to the one mrfunk had before changing to Winstar Oled screen thus, I have an LCD Displaytech 162A and I don't manage to make it work with Rpi3 and Sabre V3 (it is working perfectly with Rpi2 + Sabre V2 and "16x2_oled_volumio.py").

Do you know how could I make my "RPi3+Sabre V3+LCD Displaytech 162A" all work?

Thank you for your help,

Mars
dhrone a écrit :
The Dhrone script was written specifically for the Winstar OLED WEH001602A. This display uses a command set that is very similar to the HD44780 though so I'm somewhat surprised that it didn't work. You may want to verify that the pins that you have assigned match the pin assignments at the top of the Winstar_GraphicOLED.py script. If these are not specified correctly, display corruption is likely. If that does not help, it is always possible that the commands for your particular display are somewhat different than what I have coded. It is also possible that the timing requirements are subtly different which can also lead to display corruption. Unfortunately, I do not have a HD44780 display to experiment with. If you have some documentation for your board though, send it over and I can at least confirm that the commands I am sending are appropriate.

Message Publié : Lun 10 Oct 2016 22:32 
Hors-ligne

Message(s) : 39
Did you adjust the pin assignments? Sabre V2 assigns D7 to GPIO 15 while Sabre V3 assigns D7 to GPIO 27. With the 16x2_oled_volumio.py program, there is a section at the top labeled # Define GPIO to LCD mapping. Check to see if LCD_D7 = 15. It should be LCD_D7=27.

If you are using my code, the change needs to be made in Winstar_GraphicOLED.py at the lines labeled #Pin Mappings V2.

Message Publié : Mar 11 Oct 2016 14:04 
Hors-ligne

Dear Dhrone,

Thank you for your quick feedback.

Yes, I tried with LCD_D7 = 15 and LCD_D7 = 27 using your code, with no success.
Using your code, I also tried to create a new script based on the "16x2_oled_volumio.py" (D7 pin assignment modified) but nothing, it is still not working.

I have checked the pin-out of my LCD and the Winstar Oled one and they are similar but the contrast and LED A/K pins (I supply them independently from Rpi).

I am "fighting" with this issue since 3 weeks and I am starting to become crazy.
Do you have any other idea of what can be the issue ?

Thank you,

Message Publié : Mar 11 Oct 2016 14:21 
Hors-ligne

Most of the time, when the display does not work, it is either a problem with the GPIO assignments in the software or the display is not wired correctly. It sounds like you've looked at the software pretty carefully, so I would validate that you have the right pins on the DAC connected to the right pings on the display. Perhaps you could post a photo that shows how you currently have it wired.

Message Publié : Mar 11 Oct 2016 22:22 
Hors-ligne

I have tried several connections as the LCD pin to pin directly to the Audiophonics DAC, but it does not light on.

My last attempt is with two 10K pot., one for the contrast pin of my LCD (pin 3) and the other other one for the LCD back-light (LED- A-K pin 15 & pin 16 respectively). With this setup, when i start runeaudio, the LCD lights-on and but all the cells of the screen are white. There is no written text while running Runeaudio (see pictures below).

Pièce jointe :
Description du fichier : LCD Wiring.
PIN 3 & PIN 15 via 10K pot.
No text, all cells are white

20161011_203151.jpg [232.21 Kio]
Téléchargé 299 fois

Pièce jointe :
20161010_224335.jpg [159.1 Kio]
Téléchargé 299 fois

Pièce jointe :
20161011_230943_1.jpg [64.13 Kio]
Téléchargé 299 fois

Message Publié : Mer 12 Oct 2016 15:04 
Hors-ligne

Mainly it looks like its wired correctly. You should verify that pins 1 and 5 (VSS and RW) are properly grounded. I was also not clear on what the white jumper was for. It's hard to tell what pins it is connecting but it looks like 2 and 6. That would definitely not be correct.

Message Publié : Mer 12 Oct 2016 19:29 
Hors-ligne

Hi dhrone,

I have grounded pins 1, 5 & 16 (16 for the LCD's backlight LED cathode) and tried other types of connections of the LCD to the DAC but nothing.

Could it be a problem of LCD's µc compatibility or finally there is something in the scripts that I should modify?

Just for information, with the LCD connected to the DAC, the 16 pins connected pin to pin, (1 face to 1, 2 face to 2, etc) while trying to modify your script to adapt it to the one is working on my other "raspdac" with RPi2+Sabre V2, I saw that the LCD was sometimes flashing (it was not black, some current was arriving to the pin 15 ????).
With the actual connection (same as in the previous picture) and your script, I have noticed that when I light-on the system the first line of the LCD is white and when runeaudio is active, both of the lines become white. I guess it means that your script is controlling the somehow the LCD, don't you think so?

Do you know if your scripts works fine with all kind of 1602 Oled screen?

Sorry to ask you so many questions but I feel lost, turning in rounds for three weeks. I would like to finish this brico, put all inside a case and start enjoying good music, as I easily managed to do with Rpi2 + Sabre V2 + same LCD screen (see picture below).

Pièce jointe :
Description du fichier : My kitchen's "Rpi2 + Sabre V2 + LCD" tea can, perfectly running.
20161009_195949.jpg [182.39 Kio]
Téléchargé 286 fois

Thank you for helping.

Message Publié : Jeu 13 Oct 2016 00:29 
Hors-ligne

I have only tested my software using the Winstar OLED display. But, didn't you mention that this same display was working with this software on the V2 Sabre? Beyond the pin change between V2 and V3, they are pretty equivalent in regards to the display.

Message Publié : Jeu 13 Oct 2016 09:53 
Hors-ligne

I managed to run Volumio 1.55 with my LCD display and Sabre V2, by following the steps of the first page of this topic (Nicko's post).
You can see the picture of my V2 working version in my previous post.

The problem is that Volumio 1.55 is not Rpi3 compatible and I can not install it with my new Rpi3 and Sabre V3 and Volumio 2 does not gives us superuser privilege.

Message Publié : Jeu 13 Oct 2016 11:42 
Hors-ligne

It's not clear to me why the version of Volumio would be related to your problem. We need to see if we can get the display to work regardless of which distribution you are using. To eliminate that as a concern, you can use Winstar_GraphicOLED.py itself. It can be run separately at the command line to test the display.

Code :
python Winstar_GraphiOLEDc.py

This will show a short series of messages on the display and then exit. As a reminder, make sure to uncomment the correct pin assignments within the file and comment the ones that will not be used.

Also, while direct login to Volumio 2 as root as been disabled, you can still login as the volumio user (username volumio, password volumio) and if you need to issue a command as root you can use sudo.

Message Publié : Jeu 13 Oct 2016 15:40 
Hors-ligne

Message(s) : 16
hello Dhrone
do you know where i can find previous RaspDacDisplay.py file?
thank you

Message Publié : Jeu 13 Oct 2016 16:19 
Hors-ligne

The project is up on Github at https://github.com/dhrone/Raspdac-Display/. Are you looking for an earlier version? If so, you can go back to an earlier commit. I'd suggest the one on April 27th if you want the previous version (0.5). There is a huge amount of additional functionality though with the current version.

Message Publié : Jeu 13 Oct 2016 20:53 
Hors-ligne

Message(s) : 16
thank you
done

Message Publié : Ven 14 Oct 2016 10:52 
Hors-ligne

I managed to launch the command with python2
Code :
python2 Winstar_GraphiOLED.py
with no error (the routine works well) but the display does not react (all the cells are white as in the previous picture). The pin assignment seems to be OK for V3.

Message Publié : Ven 14 Oct 2016 13:38 
Hors-ligne

I'm not sure what to recommend at this point. My code has only been tested with the Winstar OLED so it's possible that it is a compatibility issue, but if you had the display working correctly on the older system using the V2 Sabre, it should work fine here. It's possible that the display itself is defective. Would it be possible to connect it back to your older unit to see if it is still working?

Message Publié : Lun 17 Oct 2016 18:30 
Hors-ligne

I've re-tested the LCD that is working on the V2 setup, but I have the same symptoms.

There must be something different between the scrips "16x2_oled_volumio.py" & "Winstar_GraphicOLED.py" in the way of communicating with the LCD that is not working well with the "Winstar_GraphicOLED.py" & my LCD. Maybe a compatibility issue with the Rpi3?

I'm frustrated of being a beginner in Rpi and not being able to solve this issue :cry: .

Finally due to my lack of knowledge in Rpi programming I've decided to order a Winstar WEH001602A with built-in Controller WS0010 and Interface 6800, option 8080 & SPI.
Your script should work fine on it, isn't it?

Thank you again for your help.

Message Publié : Mar 18 Oct 2016 01:51 
Hors-ligne

Have you tried running the Winstar_GraphicOLED.py program on the RPi 2 (after changing the pin assignments at the top of the file)? If yes, did it display correctly or did also fail to display anything? Did the 16x2_oled_volumio.py script work correctly on the RPi 2?

The Winstar WEH001602A is what I've done all my testing on so should work fine. I'm not sure about the options you mention though. Winstar_GraphicOLED.py does expect to be directly driving the db, enable, and RS pins. It will not work with SPI or I2C interfaces though re-writing the program to support those should be pretty straight forward.

Message Publié : Mar 18 Oct 2016 20:29 
Hors-ligne

Yes, I've tried Winstar_GraphicOLED.py on RPi 2 and the issue persists.

What I still didn't try is Rpi2 + Sabre V2 + Winstar_GraphicOLED.py but I am going to be busy the next days and I don't think I'll have the time to test. I'll keep you posted.

16x2_oled_volumio.py works correctly with RPi2 & Sabre V2.

Message Publié : Ven 04 Nov 2016 20:34 
Hors-ligne

Hello,

I have finally received the Winstar Oled and it works perfectly with your script.

I guess the problem with the LCD is a question of compatibility. In any case, I am going to try to make working your script in the Rpi2+SabreV2+LCD. I will keep you posted if I succeed.

Thank you for your help.

Message Publié : Dim 06 Nov 2016 00:06 
Hors-ligne

I'm glad to hear you got it working.

In the near future, I should have a version of the program working on other displays including 16x2 and 20x4 HD44780 based LCDs.

Message Publié : Sam 14 Jan 2017 09:22 
Hors-ligne

Message(s) : 7
Bonjour, nouveau membre sur le forum :D :D , j’essaie en vain d'installer le script. :cry: :cry:
Ma configuration est la suivante :
-Raspberry pi 3
- Winstar Oled
- Dac audio hiffibery dac plus
- Volumio V2

Une fois le script installé en suivant le tuto de cette page (J'ai uniquement changé le volume home/volumio parce que home/pi n'existe pas sur volumio v2)
Aucun démarrage de l'écran après redémarrage du pi. J'ai testé avec une autre distribution runeaudio distribué par audiophonics incluant le script pour l'écran oled et cela fonctionne très bien, donc je pense qu'il n'y a pas de problème de câblage (je précise que j'ai opté pour le cablage de droite sur le tuto)... par contre avec cette version mon dac hiffiberry n'est pas reconnu.

Je souhaite faire fonctionner ce script avec Volumio V2, si quelqu'un à une solution je suis preneur !!
Merci pour votre aide !!

:-D :-D

Message Publié : Mar 17 Jan 2017 13:15 
Hors-ligne

The most likely reason the display is not working if it does work with the Audiophonics RuneAudio image would be due to the GPIO pins not being set correctly in the script you are running. It was unclear to me which instructions you have followed. Can you confirm what script you are running and the version of the Raspdac you have? There was a change in pin assignment between version 2 and version 3. The correct values are...

Pin Mappings V2
DB4=25
DB5=24
DB6=23
DB7=15
RS=7
E=8

Pin Mappings V3
DB4=25
DB5=24
DB6=23
DB7=27
RS=7
E=8

If you are running my script (Raspdac-Display.py), these are set in the Winstar_GraphicOLED.py file.

I should mention that the Raspdac-Display.py software only partially supports Volumio V2. If you use it, you should enable the MPD and SPOP music services. These are set at the beginning of the Raspdac-Display.py script.

I have a new script that is almost complete called pydPiper that does fully support Volumio V2. If you want to give that a try, it is up on my github at https://github.com/dhrone/pydPiper.

Cheers,
Dhrone

La raison la plus probable de l'affichage ne fonctionne pas si elle fonctionne avec l'Audiophonics RuneAudio image serait due à la GPIO pins ne sont pas définies correctement dans le script que vous exécutez. Je ne savais pas quelles instructions vous aviez suivies. Pouvez-vous confirmer quel script vous exécutez et la version de Raspdac que vous avez? Il y a eu un changement dans l'affectation des broches entre la version 2 et la version 3. Les valeurs correctes sont ...

Mappages de broches V2
DB4 = 25
DB5 = 24
DB6 = 23
DB7 = 15
RS = 7
E = 8

Mappages de broches V3
DB4 = 25
DB5 = 24
DB6 = 23
DB7 = 27
RS = 7
E = 8

Si vous utilisez mon script (Raspdac-Display.py), ils sont définis dans le fichier Winstar_GraphicOLED.py.

Je dois mentionner que le logiciel Raspdac-Display.py ne supporte que partiellement Volumio V2. Si vous l'utilisez, vous devez activer les services de musique MPD et SPOP. Ils sont définis au début du script Raspdac-Display.py.

J'ai un nouveau script qui est presque complet appelé pydPiper qui prend pleinement en charge Volumio V2. Si vous voulez essayer, c'est sur mon github à https://github.com/dhrone/pydPiper.

À votre santé,
Dhrone

Message Publié : Sam 21 Jan 2017 17:56 
Hors-ligne

Bonjour et merci pour votre réponse.
J'utilise la version 2 de volumio ainsi que le script python OLED 16x2 Volumio ci joint.
Pièce jointe :
16x2_oled_volumio.zip [2.16 Kio]
Téléchargé 30 fois

Pour le moment aucun résultat, l'écran oled ne fonctionne pas.

Pour le cablage j'ai fais la connection suivante :
Pièce jointe :
Sans titre.jpg
Sans titre.jpg [ 30.16 Kio | Consulté 536 fois ]

Merci

Pièces jointes :
16x2_oled_volumio.zip [2.16 Kio]
Téléchargé 26 fois

Message Publié : Lun 23 Jan 2017 17:49 
Hors-ligne

The script you are using is very old and is not the code that is included in the RuneAudio Image that Audiophonics has created. Still, if you would like to use it, I believe you can get it to work if you make a small change to the script.

Change line 49 from...
Code :
LCD_D7 = 15
to
Code :
LCD_D7 = 27

Message Publié : Lun 23 Jan 2017 18:32 
Hors-ligne

OK thank you, i will try this !!

dhrone a écrit :
The script you are using is very old and is not the code that is included in the RuneAudio Image that Audiophonics has created. Still, if you would like to use it, I believe you can get it to work if you make a small change to the script.

Change line 49 from...
Code :
LCD_D7 = 15
to
Code :
LCD_D7 = 27

Publier un nouveau sujet Répondre au sujet  [ 187 message(s) ]  Aller vers la page Précédent  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Suivant

Le fuseau horaire est UTC+1 heure