Forum Audiophonics.fr

Forum du site de vente en ligne Audiophonics.fr : Pour les amateurs de Home Audio, de Connectique et de DIY
Nous sommes actuellement le Sam 21 Oct 2017 05:52

Le fuseau horaire est UTC+1 heure

Publier un nouveau sujet Répondre au sujet  [ 31 message(s) ]  Aller vers la page Précédent  1, 2
Auteur Message
Message Publié : Sam 17 Déc 2016 11:45 
Hors-ligne

Message(s) : 13
Happy to hear you've gottin it to work! Not a bad way to start the weekend, right? ;)

Yes, very many thanks from me to dhrone as well - fantastic job and so kind to share.

Regarding your FLAC and Apple Lossless, check to make sure you have the following setting in LMS to make sure LMS is not transcoding your lossless files to a lower bitrate:

LMS Web Interface --> Settings (bottom right) --> Player (tab) --> Audio (in dropdown) --> Bitrate Limiting = No Limit

While you are here, also set Volume Control = Output level is fixed at 100% for optimal output to the Sabre DAC.

Last but not least, I assume you had originally installed a LMS 7.9 nightly build?

M2P --> Squeezebox Server --> Show available versions --> (dropdown) Nightly 7.9

This is definitely the one you want, latest code and the only branch being maintained by the LMS community.

Off now... have a good weekend both!
JCU

Message Publié : Sam 17 Déc 2016 14:30 
Hors-ligne

Message(s) : 39
Happy to help.

You are correct about the directory to place the oled.service file. I mistakenly gave you the directory for Rune Audio instead of Max2Play. I sometimes wish that there was more consistency between the distributions!

Glad you got it work.

Message Publié : Sam 17 Déc 2016 22:12 
Hors-ligne

Message(s) : 15
jcu-muc a écrit :
Regarding your FLAC and Apple Lossless, check to make sure you have the following setting in LMS to make sure LMS is not transcoding your lossless files to a lower bitrate:
JCU

Thank you for the tips, everything was well set but I have discovered that the glitches are present in some themes from discs in which flac files were compressed above certain level. Have reconverted a few of the tricky ones and no stuttering any more. Seems that the pi cannot handle very compressed flac or m4a files, choosing an intermediate level is all right (in XLD, level 5/10 is fine whereas some songs get stuck at level 6). Seems to me that runeaudio is a little more tolerant, maybe the system runs lighter and can uncompress on the fly more efficiently without running out of sync.

Message Publié : Mar 27 Déc 2016 11:04 
Hors-ligne

Message(s) : 134
I have some free time now so I thought I give it a go. lol, what a waste of time

I gave up after two hours of trying, and I am not an linux beginner

- sound still not working (RPi2+I-Sabre v3)
- DLNA not functional/can not be installed ?!?

I have tried reflashed it multiple times, followed many guides (mentioned here and other places), tried alter things over SSH, etc

Long time I have seen such stubborn, complicated, overdone system.

Back to something more convenient, straight forward and working like MoOdeAudio :-D (or Volumio, RuneAudio, etc)

Message Publié : Mar 27 Déc 2016 11:12 
Hors-ligne

Message(s) : 15
rikardo1979 a écrit :
I have some free time now so I thought I give it a go. lol, what a waste of time

I have tried reflashed it multiple times, followed many guides (mentioned here and other places), tried alter things over SSH, etc

Back to something more convenient, straight forward and working like MoOdeAudio :-D (or Volumio, RuneAudio, etc)

Agreed the system is a pain to get up and running. Extremely confusing interface, no feedback from the setup options, steep learning curve. However, in my opinion well worth the effort because sound is excellent, music library management through squeezebox server is a pleasure, and, oh yeah, did I say that you can run Kodi? :evil:

Message Publié : Mar 27 Déc 2016 13:04 
Hors-ligne

Message(s) : 134
Baldo_Mero a écrit :
rikardo1979 a écrit :

Agreed the system is a pain to get up and running. Extremely confusing interface, no feedback from the setup options, steep learning curve. However, in my opinion well worth the effort because sound is excellent, music library management through squeezebox server is a pleasure, and, oh yeah, did I say that you can run Kodi? :evil:

I am very happy with MoOdeAudio and from all the systems out there this is still the best sounding from all.
Regarding the Kodi. I have an separate RPi3 just for XBina(Kodi) which is hooked to AVR. I dont like my systems to cross-interfere :lol:
I have multiple RPis each serve different purpose.
I am very critical when it comes to sound(my hifi system) as I love music. So I want to keep it simple as possible :)

I do not have an massive music collection stored locally (digital) as I use Qobuz Sublime for this purpose and the very best is on vinyl :wink:

If I would have a big collection stored locally or go back to Tidal(in few months) I would(will) use Rune Lab server application running on local server to serve the music (as mentioned above). There is nothing like this and is getting better every month.
This is the only and ultimate music solution for music lovers

Publier un nouveau sujet Répondre au sujet  [ 31 message(s) ]  Aller vers la page Précédent  1, 2

Le fuseau horaire est UTC+1 heure